Monday 16 May 2011

Gimperella Tries to Dress for the Ball

The second most offensive thing about my crutches is the colour.  The most offensive thing is needing them, of course, needing the relief from pain and exhaustion they (might) offer.  I need the crutches, but I don't know what to do with them, so I'll leave them in the back of the car I can't really drive. Hospital grey, with yellowy-beige-ish undertones, is going to be very difficult to accessorise. I can't believe I'm worrying about what to wear to my DLA Tribunal; how do I look disabled enough? What does 'disabled enough' look like? If I'm too well-dressed, too clean, I'll look like a scrounger bilking the system. Not well-dressed enough, I'll look like I don't take the Tribunal thing seriously. I need armour, preferably in an inoffensive floral print.

No comments:

Post a Comment