Thursday 19 May 2011

Thankful, Or At Least I Will Be

So. The 3 Fates, none of them toothless, sadly, have decided that I am, in fact, disabled enough to have the higher rate of the mobility component DLA (again). A year of wrangling culminated in  I feel sort of numb; it isn't exactly something to celebrate, is it, having official acknowledgment that I am f*$%*d. F*$%*d good and proper, like so many of my patients. At least I can speak, and write, and make myself heard, and I had loads of moral support (including Rolos being telepathically beamed at me by @lumpinthethroat when I couldn't find any). I have spent the last 11 years advocating for people in my role as an SLT; now, I need to figure out how best to do it in a way that doesn't involve 4 hours of commuting and beating the hell out of myself.

Oh, and I did manage one other tiny little thing today: my first round of edits is done, and the MS sent off, so that my primary supervisor can have a read through all of the poems and short stories in my M Res collection. If anyone has any ideas about how a poet goes about training as an advocate, or doing whatever I need to do to help other people in the same crappy sinking boat, I am all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment